Welcome to Northside United Methodist Church
701 Airline Road, Brewster, MA 02631 (508.385.8622)
Click here for map to Northside
UPCOMING WORSHIP SERVICES
* Psalm Sunday (April 13th) 10 a.m. Northside United Methodis Church Brewster, MA
* Maundy Thursday (April 17th) 7 p.m. Northside United Methodist Church Brewster, MA
* Good Friday (April 18th) 12 p.m. St. David's Episcopal Church Yarmouth, MA
* Easter Sunday (April 20th) 5:30 a.m. Corporation Beach, Dennis, MA (in case of rain- Dennis Union Church)
9:00 a.m./ 11:00 a.m. Northside United Methodist Church Brewster, MA
(There is no Sunday School on Easter, but there is nursery care available)
New Happenings and Opportunities :
* Lenten Studies: "Final Words from the Cross" by Rev. Adam Hamilton
Jesus' words were powerful and poignant while he lived on this earth. They were no less powerful as he was
dying on the cross. What were Jesus' dying words? What did they mean? Join us as we explore this journey
* Click here to view this past week service on-line (April 6th, 2014)
* Click here to view Ash Wednesday Evening Service (March 5th, 2014
* See calendar for all meetings and upcoming events
* Click here to view all worship services.
Weekly and Monthly Reminders:
* Also, don't forget to "LIKE" us on Facebook!
* Listen to podcasts of Pastor Rebecca's sermons by clicking here
* Read Pastor Rebecca's sermons by clicking here
* For TV Schedule of Northside Worship Services Click Here
* For the monthly committee devotions click here
* Read "The Northside Spirit" newsletter by clicking here
* To view the Stewardship Video 2013/2014 -click here!
Updates and Notices:
* Click here to view our Christmas Eve Service with the Live Nativity (December 24th, 2013)
* For more information about this year's Stewardship Packet 101 please click here!
* Step By Step insturctions for On-Line Giving
The Women's Book Group will gather on Wednesday, April 23rd at 7pm at Karen Schrader’s house at 25 Bog Pond Rd., Brewster – 508-896-2311. The book is “The Orphan Train” by Christina Baker Kline. Any questions about the book club call Donna Raymond 508-362-8912 or email email@example.com
The next Men’s Breakfast & Discussion Group All men are welcome on Thursday, April 24th, to share the word and fellowship with one another. We begin at 7:30am and meet at the H and K in South Yarmouth. Please pick up a copy of the sermon “Who Taught Us That?” in the Narthex and sign up on the sign-up sheet if you plan to attend. Questions please contact Tom Kerr at 508-744-7173.
"What would Jesus Sing?" Let's have a little fun. Click this YouTube link:
And for more fun check out this link for "All God's people got a place in the choir!"
While we can't guarantee this much versatility, we can guarantee the "fun" part. Come to our choir rehearsal every Thursday night to find out! Time is 7 – 8:30pm. New members always welcome! Come, try us out! For more information, contact Choir Director Stephanie Riley at 1-508-240-4181.
Handbell Group meets every Wednesday night! Contact Stephanie Riley for more information about this wonderful ministry.
Youth Choir meets on Sundays following our worship services. If you have a child or youth who likes to sing please contact Stephanie for more details.
Be sure to check out our "Multimedia Specials" section in the upper left for sermon audios, videos and slide shows of events.
Blessing of the Animals October 2013 Photos- Click here
Children's Sunday June Worship Service 2013- Click here
Children's Sunday photos - Click here
Live Nativity December 2012 - Click here
Leadership Retreat Fall 2012 photos - Click here
Rally Day September Photos- Click here
Springfield Mission Trip photos - Click here for Part 1 or Click here for Part 2.
Click here for recent photos of Northside's 2nd annual Leadership Retreat. The goal for the day was to consider what it means for Northside to be "Called to Action" and to assess progress on goals established last year.
The Library is open! Check out a book for reading or a CD of Christian music. Christian fiction, nonfiction, Bible dictionaries and commentaries are available for study purposes and to spend some quiet time with God.
Anyone who would like to donate a book in memory or in honor of someone can select a title from the “Library Wish List.” The list and a form to fill out can be found in the library. A book plate can be placed in the book noting the occasion or person being honored.
Our new Thrift Shop is now for business! The hours are Monday – Saturday, 11am – 3pm.
The address is 18 Hall St., Dennisport (right behind the old Thrift Shop.)
And the phone stays the same at 508-760-5300. Our new focus is to be a mission outreach, as we continue to strive to follow Jesus’ command to “Go and make disciples.” We invite you to volunteer to join us for a few hours each week, and get to know our neighbors, fellowship with other Northsiders, and share in this exciting ministry. If you would like to volunteer at the shop, or even help coordinate other volunteers or coordinate pick-ups, please contact Dean Atwood at 508-776-3757.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - EVERYONE WELCOME
Playground & Picnic Benches for children and families
A Special Place! (located in back of church)
Outdoor Chapel for personal and private reflection and prayer.
A Sacred Place!
(located in front of church at the far right of driveway
behind handicap signs and hedge row
- NUMC Purpose Statement - "To invite people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and membership in His family, grow together toward Christ-like maturity and equip ourselves for our ministry in the Church and in the world, in order to glorify God's name."
What are your spiritual gifts?
Click on "Gifts Inventory" under "Just for You..." to help you identify your God given spiritual gifts.